Fine Art Prints & Reproductions for Artists
phone: 510.717.1706 email: info@ONK-art.com
Welcome to ONKart
was established to make high quality fine art giclees–both original giclee prints and fine art reproductions–available to working artists. We are located in the El Sobrante Valley, an unincorporated area of Contra Costa County, California, which also includes parts of Richmond and Pinole. We are located on the east side of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Original Giclee Prints
As well as coming to ONKart for museum quality reproductions considering working with us as part of your artmaking process. We work with artists to modify, crop, enlarge, re-scan and otherwise develop a final work of art, combining hand work and digital process. Consider Giclee a form of printmaking, like lithography, or etching. Or include it in your photography process for producing large negative films from which contact prints can be made. We can work with you on an hourly or negotiated basis. Go here for more information
- In the 1960s Kenoli Oleari founded and operated the Jellyroll Press, an offset printing and graphic design facility that specialized in full color "psychedelic" posters and nonprofit publications. In addition to a skilled printer, he is an artist, a website and graphic arts designer and a nonprofit consultant to agencies and nonprofits in participative public process.
- Sharon Goods is an artist and curator as well as a stager of homes for sale, a designer of custom gift wrappings and art-quality faux furniture.
- Epson SureColor P9000 photo quality printer: The most recent model of Epson's museum grade fine art printers. The P9000 print head produces the finest resolution and it's inks the highest pigment density of any printer on the market, producing prints with the highest possible detail and color density.
- Epson XL 10000 graphic arts scanner: generates digital images from originals of any size at a native optical resolution of 2400dpi with excellent color accuracy. These images can be enlarged many times without loss of resolution.
- Xrite i1 Photo Pro 2 color spectrometer system: assures accurate ICC color calibration from scanner input to printer output.
- Canon Photographic equipment and studio lighting calibrated with ColorChecker software and expodisk light metering: produces high quality photographically produced digital images with excellent color accuracy.
Archival ink & supplies
- Inks: We use the Epson inks designed for the P9000, which are estimated to produce printed images guaranteed to last 200-300 years. We have seen images printed on vinyl with similar inks last for years outdoors.
- Paper & Other Supports: We stock pulp based and 100% cotton papers at a range of qualities and prices as well as an additional variety supports including canvas, vinyl & polyester, film, fabric and more.
Services & Fees
Prices will be Discounted for Local artists
Giclee Prints, Photo Prints and Reproductions
Our print prices vary between $6/sq. ft and $15/ sq. ft. for printing on our standard supports (e.g. paper and canvas) plus any special labor required. If we provide reproductions for you, we will also provide minimum color correction. Extensive color correction will be charged at our graphic art services rate (see below). We are happy to print from images that you bring to us, in which case, we will print from those images as is unless you desire special color correction at our standard rate. The price for printing on specialty materials will vary with support cost and labor required.
If we are collaborating with you in your artmaking process, we will arrange special discounted prices for materials.
Scan or Photograph Your Artwork
Our preferred method
for digitizing art is with our graphic arts flatbed scanner. Artwork of any size can be scanned at optical resolutions as high as 2400 dpi, making prints spring to life with the finest detail and making it possible to enlarge artwork many times. Color accuracy is assured through the use of scanner profiles created with state of the art spectrographic equipment and software.
- Scan images smaller than 12in x17in: $15
- Multiple scans (where required): $6 for each additional 10in x14in section of original artwork
Digital Camera Images:
Images produced with Canon Photographic equipment and studio lighting calibrated with ColorChecker software and expodisk light profiling produces high quality digital images with excellent color accuracy.
- Digital image from Camera: $35
- $50/hr for any extensive color correction of scanned or photographed images.
Graphic art services $50/hour or negotiated on a project basis
- Color correction of scanned, photographed or provided images in Photoshop
- Special image cropping or preparation
- Other graphic arts services
- Stretching Canvas: We stretch canvas to professional standards with various stretcher thicknesses. (Prices vary with size)
- Framing: Ask us about aluminum or wooden frames.
- Mounting prints on boards or other solid supports(Prices vary with size)
- Installing Grommets: We can install grommets on vinyl for hanging as a banner or other purposes. ($1 per grommet for standard clear plastic grommets)
- Clear UV Filter Coating: We can coat your canvas or vinyl paintings with a clear UV coating that will increase the longevity of the inks.($2/sq. ft.)
El Sobrante Valley Artists in Community
ONKart is pleased to be an associate of El Sobrante Valley Artists in Community. While not known as a center for the arts, the El Sobrante Valley is home to many established and emerging artists. It is the mission of Valley Artists in Community to support activities that will raise the visibility of the El Sobrante Valley as a cultural and economic center of the East Bay.
Header art by
Sharon Goods: mynightkitchen.com